Posted on

Kit Build Junkcaster

This kit had to be wrestled into submission. I wrote to the vendor to complain to no avail. All the parts seemed cheap.

The basswood body did not want to take on color or reveal the grain. I gave it two coats of stain, and two coats of tinted Danish oil. Finally, I broke out my torch and set it on fire.

The fire worked. Since it now had a distressed look, I added some construction staples and did a few things to give the patina it needed.

The cavities were lined with copper and grounded together to make a Farraday cage.

I donated it to Goodwill. It sold for $177. There’s a message in there somewhere – I wonder what it is.